Saturday, August 19, 2017

Papercrafting: An Extreme Sport (or Washi Tape Bandage "Dressin")

I finally got to try out my new Graveyard Gate stamp set and the Detailed Gate die (from the soon-to-be-released Holiday Mini Catalog) that I have been so excited to use.
No automatic alt text available.
I was able to make one card around 6:45 am yesterday, before my Lil Prince woke up. There is no crafting when he's awake. But I managed to CASE an adorable card that fellow Stampin' UP! demonstrator, Cindy Major, designed.

So, today being Saturday, I planned to get up and spend the day crafting. Just as I was assembling my first card of the day, my Exacto knife and my index finger collided. It was a nasty sight and a pretty deep cut. Now, I am a tough old bird, but the sight of blood is the one thing that gets me. Flowing blood, particularly. My attempts at stopping the flow were futile, so I had to call it a day. For now, at least. Even though some of my projects were to be Halloween themed, I would prefer to not use my blood for embellishing. With a couple of paper towels rolled up and held into place with bandaids, it's pretty likely that no more papercrafting will happen today. 

But, when you are in crafting mode and you slice your finger open, what does a true crafter do? Cover up that nasty sight with some Washi tape, of course!

Since I am sidelined, I thought I would check out funny craft memes to try to soothe my crafting soul. Lol


















                                                                     



                                                   


Which ones are your favorite? 
Copy your favorite & head over to my Facebook page...
paste it on my page as a post.
Everyone who posts one of these memes on my page and tells me, in one word, your favorite thing about Autumn---gets their name in the drawing for a
$20 gift certificate to be used after 9/1
 (when the new Holiday catalog goes live....
but  can be used for the Holiday or Annual catalog).

Follow carefully and you may win a $20 gift certificate:
1--pick your favorite meme from those above
2--go HEREand LIKE my page
3-- POST (not comment) one word to describe what you like about Fall 
(ex: leaves, pumpkin, Halloween, sweaters, weather, Thanksgiving)
4----copy and paste your favorite meme in your post (not as a comment)

Have a great weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment