Friday, August 25, 2017

O Happy Day!

My oldest great nephew is getting married this weekend. Wow I am feeling old! I remember when his mom and dad brought him by to visit me the first time. He was about 2 months old and a beautiful baby boy, just like his dad--who was one of the most beautiful babies I've ever seen.

Well now that beautiful boy is a handsome man, about to marry a beautiful young lady. I am very excited to be going to the wedding. But the question is: what to give for a wedding gift? When you live 300 miles away, you can't go to the pre-wedding parties and you don't see what they've received, so money is the easiest thing that you know they need and won't need a gift receipt to return it if it doesn't match their decor! 😏

So, the decision is made to give money....how to present it? Hand it over at the wedding? Tacky and inconsiderate when they have so much to keep up with on wedding day. Mail it? Nah, too impersonal. And just plain silly, if I am attending! How about a pretty handmade card to hold that check like the ring bearer holds the rings!

Here is what I came up with, a simple but elegant card to commemorate the occasion.

I used Whisper White card stock for the basic card, silver foil paper for the gate and trim, a tiny scrap of Designer Series paper for the little wreath, Special Celebrations stamp set for the sentiments, Wisteria Wonder ink pad to stamp the sentiment,  silver and white ribbon, and some glitter enamel dot embellishments on the wreath. The Detailed Gate die set will not be available until 9/1, but if you would like me to send you a copy of the Holiday 2017 catalog (which also doesn't go public until 9/1), please contact me and I will drop one in the mail to you---so you can see alllllll of the goodies and get your Wish List ready for 9/1!

What do you think? (my apologies for the pictures, which were taken several times and edit attempted each time and they are still showing up as very poor quality pics, even though on my phone they look great.....my phone and my computer are not speaking clearly to each other, I guess. 😏







No comments:

Post a Comment