Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Babies and More!

It has been a busy month! I feel like it's been months since I posted!

The month started with a (not unexpected) diagnosis of much-too-high blood sugar, slightly elevated cholesterol, and a Vitamin D deficiency, all of which I started chipping away at with jack hammer force! But, nutrition and lifestyle changes are not easy things to just slip right into without some adjustments and rethinking. But, even though it's work, it's worth it. Much like, having a baby!

No...I am not pregnant. But I hosted a sprinkle for my niece who is expecting her first baby boy (fourth child). It's no easy thing to put together a shower on two weeks notice, from 6 hours away! But I like nice things and pretty events and sweet showers, so like jumping on the nutrition, I jumped on the shower plans. I have to say that it turned out very nice and everything was pretty and delicious and she received a lot of lovely and much-needed things.

I arrived in town 2 days before the shower, which was valuable time that I would have spent making favors and decorations, but I opted to go early and spend some time with my mom and sister....and finally do some crafting together. My 92 yr old mom was a huge help and I would not have finished the party favors without her help and that of my 8th grade niece. It was much fun crafting with them.

The shower didn't have a theme, other than the color blue, but I used the Moon Baby stamp set for the invitations and party favors. I love this little stamp set. I also used the Up and Away die for the invitations and the Wood Crate die to make the party favors and Soft Subtle Designer Series Paper (no longer available). The baby, umbrella, stuffed animals, and balloon are cut-outs from Whisper White card stock and scrap pieces of Designer Series paper. The balloon and toys are held together with twine.

How about this little wooden crate baby bed? It holds 3 Hershey Nuggets wrapped in Designer Series Paper (no longer available). The cut outs are all from the Moon Baby stamp set.





After returning home, I made double-sided birthday party invitations for the the honoree's oldest child, for her 6th birthday! I have been making invitations and party favors for all 5 of her previous birthdays, as well as those of her little sisters. I love doing it. K#1 is having a pool party, so we had to find a theme that went along with the pool. She loves purple and flipflops are a must for the pool! These flipflops are cut out of Elegant Eggplant Designer Series Paper (no longer available) and Elegant Eggplant card stock, with white satin ribbon for the straps and store-bought miniature flowers to decorate the toes! The Delightful Daisy and Day at the Beach stamp sets added a little color to the backgrounds on each side of the invitation. The big "6" is cut out with the Large Numbers framelit die.


Now, to figure out some "cool" party favors!


What will be the theme for your next gathering? I would LOVE to help you plan around it, or come up with a theme!

Happy crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment